| Ultimate Hero Contest Rules|
REGISTRATION IS FREE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
Rules apply to all contests.
Writers above the age of 18 years old may enter the contest.
- The contest is open to the general public, with the following exceptions: Employees of Ultimate Hero Contest™ (UHC), their immediate family members, and persons with whom such employees live with are ineligible. Anyone who has been employed full-time as a book cover designer for UHC is ineligible.
Contestants must provide their real names on the UltimateHeroContest.com entry form. Legal identification and Social Security must be produced on request to receive your payment.
- One original entry per person per Genre per contest. Anyone found submitting the same material for more than one Genre will be disqualified, submitted content will be removed, and any prizes won will be immediately forfeited. An author may enter two or more Genre's at the same time but the content must be original and related to the specific Genre.
- By entering this contest, the contestant authorizes the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers and other publications, and in television or film releases, slides, videotape, distribution over the internet and picture data storage) which UHC may deem appropriate.
- By entering this contest, the contestant agrees that they may be selected to participate in portions of the contest that include public discussion and public voting. Contestants agree that while UHC has guidelines for message board conduct, the contestant will indemnify and hold blameless UHC and all of its affiliates, contest judges, participants, and customers for any comments, discussion, or other communication pertaining to the contest.
- Contestants and their team members are encouraged in any public discussion that could be considered as adding to, expanding upon, or clarifying the content of their current submission. This applies to (but is not limited to) interviews, personal blogs, and message board posts on UltimateHeroContest.com or elsewhere, including the UltimateHeroes.com discussion thread for the entry itself. All Contestants and their team members are encouraged to solicit readers to the voting booth.
- Contestants must agree to the submission agreement found on the submission form during the entry period.
- The Author should create a team consisting of one editor and one Graphic Cover Artist/Designer to compete in the contest. The Author has the right to bring their own editor and Graphic Cover Artist/Designer into the contest but they must be officially registered and agree to the terms of their participation. The Author may solicit team members only from the officially registered UHC members.
The Author may add as team members additional officially registered Literary Agents, Writing Coaches, Publicists, Book Reviewers, Bloggers / Advertisers, Journalists, Producer (Book Trailers), Actors / Narrator, Film Producers / Directors, Screen writers, Scenarists, Script writers, Book Printers, Retail Book Stores, Book Wholesalers to help promote their work.
The Author may not add to their team as members Film Producers / Directors, Language Translators, Resellers, and Publishers as these officially registered companies will compete for the rights to the work.
Note: It is not mandatory that a solicited officially registered UHC member join your team. It is up to the solicited member to accept your request to join your team. As an Author you may be solicited by a registered member to join your team. It is up to you, the Author, to accept or reject the requests.
- The Grand Prize is a trophy and an Authors Publishing Contract for the completed full length novel. The Winner must sign a contract and complete the novel as prepared and accepted by publisher before the novel is published. The final manuscript must be written in the English language, following the UNC rules, and must be written with proper spelling and grammar. The Winner must fulfill their obligations to complete the manuscript acceptable to the publisher before getting published.
Winning the Ultimate Hero Contest does not guarantee your manuscript will be published. Only the author and the purchasing publisher has control over publishing the work.
- The author may only accept an official publisher contract through a UHC officially registered publisher. An Author that is presented multiple publishing contracts may choose the one that fits the author's requirements in a publisher. If only one publisher contract valued at $1000.00 or more is presented, the author is required to accept the official offer.
- Other registered authors may be offered a publishers contract for their work. Non-winning authors must sign the contract as prepared by and accepted by an offering publisher who offers $1000.00 or more. The author must fulfill their obligations to complete their manuscript acceptable to the publisher. Being an Ultimate Hero Contest finalist does not guarantee the finalist additional payments from the publisher if they do not fulfill their obligation to complete the manuscript.
- In accepting a Publishers Contract, the Winner or Finalist and publisher acknowledges that UHC may not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury associated with accepting the publisher contract.
- UHC retains the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value to the Winner's or Finalist's prize in the event of the unsuitability of any part of the publisher contract for any reason whatsoever.
- The author is contractually obligated to accept one publisher contract valued over $1000.00 even if only one contract is presented. Approximate value of the Grand Prize is subject to the publisher contract the author accepts for their work.
- This contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws where applicable and is governed by the laws of Galveston, Texas.
- UHC reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice. If the contest is terminated for any reason all publishing and distribution to the authors content will revert back to the author automatically.
- The Winner and Finalists are responsible for any local, state, and federal taxes owed due to their participation in this contest.
- Decisions of UHC, the voters and the contest judges are final.